NEW ULTRALIGHT VERSION ! Our Saddle Bag is now under 1/2 lb !
The newest addition to the CROSSTAC family of bags, the Ultralight Saddle Bag weighs a mere 0.46 lbs vs. the standard version at 7.1 lbs. Huge difference in weight, with no difference in function. Straddles over objects, grippy underside firmly latches onto ledges, windows etc. Perfect bag for "all-around" use. Now super light. Spread out the "wings" and it opens up flat, too! We use this bag the most as it is truly versatile.
Fill is similar to bean bag fill, but smaller diameter beads for a better feel. Feel is virtually identical to the original bag, just lighter. Really a great option for this bag!
Outsmart any terrain with our Saddle Bag. Almost nothing in this world is flat. Your shooting bag should be able to overcome the imperfections thrown at you... that's why we created the Crosstac Saddle Bag.
As featured in NRA American Rifleman, this bag has a rubberized double flap designed to grip a window edge, post, fence, limb, rock, virtually any terrain where "flat" is tough to achieve. It can also be stretched out for use on a bench. This is the most versatile bag in the group and can also be a useful piece of gear for photography too. Totally unique design, now totally lightweight for ultimate portability.
- Unique "ears" design drapes over objects
- Saddle cut top gives a stable platform
- Rubberized non-skid bottom "ears"
- Mil-Spec coated fabric has a super tough rubberized "grippy" exterior.
- Coyote Brown or MultiCam 1000-D Cordura
- Padded and soft top panel to prevent scratches
- Zippered so you can adjust fill levels easily
- Double stitched seams throughout
- Pre-filled with our special coarse grind of walnut media for flexibility. Not fine ground tumbling media, which makes bags too hard.
- Measures approximately 7.5" high from bottom of bag to middle of sway where rifle rests, 8" at the ears, and 8" wide by 6.5" long. Saddle legs are a full 4" for plenty of room to drape over a window sill, branch, fence post, or other item.
- 100% USA Made by the dedicated folks at Crosstac.
Posted by Denny Koch on 15th Feb 2017
I'm disabled so I can shoot out of the truck-this will be great for over the window or door-first one of found that will work-thanks-Denny
Top notch shooting bag!
Posted by Terry Browning on 8th Feb 2017
I've been looking for a front bag for long range shooting for quite some time. I really didn't want the standard square or the "hump back" bags that I've seen everywhere. Those are great for platform or range shooting but I shoot outside in the woods and needed something far more versatile.
Through a good ol' Google search I came across the Crosstac site and liked their Facebook page to see what everyone was saying about their products. As I was going through their site I came across the saddlebag.
It looked like it would provide the versatility I was looking for.
I purchased one in Mutlicam and received it in a flash.
Let me tell you, this shooting bag is well made and tough. It takes a beating and not a stitch has popped. It can be used in so many more shooting positions than a square bag would handle that I carry this in my shooting pack now.
If you want a tough versatile front shooting bag you can not go wrong with the Crosstac Saddle Bag and the price is very competitive!
Awesome rifle rest
Posted by Randy on 4th Feb 2017
I have been searching for the perfect bag to use on a board while deer hunting in a tripod. I emptied out approximately half of the lightweight pellets and now this bag will lay flat with the ears extended and cradle the gun perfectly. Elevation can be easily adjusted buy squeezing the bag. The bag is made very well with a large zipper that makes adding or deleting pellets a snap. Amazingly lightweight, this bag is perfect for many applications. Shipping was fast.