The newest addition to the CROSSTAC family of bags, the Ultralight Saddle Bag weighs a mere 0.46 lbs vs. the standard version at 7.1 lbs. Huge difference in weight, with no difference in function. Straddles over objects, grippy underside firmly latches onto ledges, windows etc. Perfect bag for "all-around" use. Now super light. Spread out the "wings" and it opens up flat, too! We use this bag the most as it is truly versatile.
Fill is similar to bean bag fill, but smaller diameter beads for a better feel. Feel is virtually identical to the original bag, just lighter. Really a great option for this bag!
Outsmart any terrain with our Saddle Bag. Almost nothing in this world is flat. Your shooting bag should be able to overcome the imperfections thrown at you... that's why we created the Crosstac Saddle Bag.
As featured in NRA American Rifleman, this bag has a rubberized double flap designed to grip a window edge, post, fence, limb, rock, virtually any terrain where "flat" is tough to achieve. It can also be stretched out for use on a bench. This is the most versatile bag in the group and can also be a useful piece of gear for photography too. Totally unique design, now totally lightweight for ultimate portability.
- Unique "ears" design drapes over objects
- Saddle cut top gives a stable platform
- Rubberized non-skid bottom "ears"
- Mil-Spec coated fabric has a super tough rubberized "grippy" exterior.
- Coyote Brown or MultiCam 1000-D Cordura
- Padded and soft top panel to prevent scratches
- Zippered so you can adjust fill levels easily
- Double stitched seams throughout
- Pre-filled with our special coarse grind of walnut media for flexibility. Not fine ground tumbling media, which makes bags too hard.
- Measures approximately 7.5" high from bottom of bag to middle of sway where rifle rests, 8" at the ears, and 8" wide by 6.5" long. Saddle legs are a full 4" for plenty of room to drape over a window sill, branch, fence post, or other item.
- 100% USA Made by the dedicated folks at Crosstac.